Becky Tyler Art and Photography started as a simple idea. I wanted to combine the things I loved; drawing, photography, traveling, and nature. I wanted to find inspiration where ever I could, and wanted to see where it would take me. It’s become quite the adventure.
I have looked over the west rim of the Grand Canyon and hiked through Utah. In Death Valley I met some Australians who thought the heat was too much. In Las Vegas I nearly fell into the Bellagio fountain trying to get a good photograph. I was chased by an emu in the Australian Outback. I discovered the past in the cemeteries and plantations of New Orleans. In San Fransisco, I communed with the ghosts of Alcatraz and walked amongst the trees in John Muir Woods. I encountered bison, beavers, and bears in Yellowstone.
When I have the time, I try to submit my work into Gallery shows. Occasionally I take over a coffee shop or pizza place with my work.
- Mac Worthington Gallery, Columbus OH, June 2011.
- Pizza Luce Art Show, Uptown Location, November 2011. YUM
- Nature Online Gallery Show, Still Point Gallery, June -August, 2011
- Salon 300 Gallery Show, Hopkins Center for the Arts, August 2011.
- Spring Members Show, Hopkins Center for the Arts, April 2012
- Spring Members Show, Hopkins Center for the Arts, April 2014
- Juried Fall Members Show, Hopkins Center for the Arts, October 2014
- Spring Members Show, Hopkins Center for the Arts, April 2015
- Minnesota State Fair Fine Art Exhibition, August 2016
In 2018, I wrote an article for the International Turaco Society that was published in their autumn magazine. You can buy a copy on their website.
If you would like to purchase any of my artwork or photography, please visit my Etsy page.