Happy Halloween! My all time favorite horror movie is The Bride of Frankenstein. The Babadook and Session 9 have given it a run for its money, but it still reigns supreme. With it, I bring you some of my favorite mad scientist films.
- The Bride of Frankenstein – When Victor Frankenstein decides to give his monster a bride, things don’t go well. The lonely and tortured monster realizes before the doctor that what is dead should remain dead.
- Frankenstein – Watch this and The Bride of Frankenstein back to back. The two are a matching pair and are both amazing.
- The Invisible Man – Also part of the classic Universal horror collection, the Invisible Man was made in 1933 and is based on the HG Wells novel of the same name.
- Young Frankenstein – Starring Gene Wilder, this comedy horror spoof tells the story of Victor Frankestein and his creation of both the monsters. It’s genius is in way it molds together the story and the comedy.
- The Fly – The David Cronenberg version is my favorite but the Vincent Price version is stellar as well. Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis are brilliant in this film about a man who accidentally fuses his DNA with that of a fly. He’ll hurt you if you stay.
- The Corpse Vanishes – Bela Lugosi stars in this film about a scientist who kills virgins, takes their bodies, and extracts gland fluid to keep his wife young and alive. A classic for sure.